Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Not so crazy about Stir Crazy..

Since we couldn't take Itos out last night for her birthday, Becs and I decided to take her to Stir Crazy (a Chinese/Thai restaurant) today. When it comes to Asian food, Becs and I love this place the best. Believe me, we've done our fair share of eating at Asian restaurants, so our opinion counts! ehehhehehe.. Anyways, confident of our choice, we took Itos here. We ordered our usual 'kung pao chicken noodles' and another dish which I forgot the name. We've never ordered this dish before but it's like a yellow curry kind of dish with noodles and chicken. The food was good and was gone fast :) We gals love our food ;)

So, trying my best to surprise Itos (even though I know she knows), I stood up and told them I was going to use the bathroom. Instead, I went to talk to the waiter and told him that it was Itos's birthday and could he put a candle on the desert and sing when he sends over the desert? To my surprise, he told me that they used to have sparklers (alah, bunga api with the blue cover and a black cat in front of it.. remember?) but now they don't. They didn't even have candles and they don't even sing happy birthday! I was kind of disappointed as I was trying to make the event a little more festive. *sigh* Sorry Itos, I didn't know they don't do that. I thought every restaurant does this. I know for a fact that TGIF, Red Robbins, etc does this. Cis, bedebah :P

Then our desert minus the candle came. Immediately, Becs and I knew that there was something not right with our 'Fried Wonton Banana Fritters' (not sure of the name but you get my jist). We've been there often enough and have ordered the same dessert each time so they couldn't fool us. First of all, there was no caramel drizzled on top. Also, the presentation was kind of awkward. We told this to the waiter even before he placed the plate onto the table. He told us that they've already kept the caramel (It was 9.27 pm and they close at 9.30 pm). That does not give them a reason to short change us on our order! The waiter knew that we were not very impressed with the whole desert thinggy and as a peace offering, he sent 3 vanilla ice creams our way. Still not impressed :P

And when we got home I also realized that he did not give us our fortune cookies! Aih...

2 comments:

adnan said...

a nice story...:)

Banafsheh Bakavoli said...

Hey, thanks :) And thanks for reading :)