Sunday, August 24, 2008

Saturday updates..




Last night I went out for some Chinese food at a nearby restaurant. Itos was with me. We had chicken pot stickers and kung pao chicken noodles. The pot stickers were really good but the kung pao noodles were so so. Being the klutz that I am, I spilled a whole glass of water even before the food arrived. Hehehhe...Man, I made a mess. How embarrassing :P




The waiter was a very nice, handsome Asian looking dude. Itos and I was trying to figure out which part of Asia he originated from. So I guessed Philippines, Thailand, and Indonesia. We were curious and wanted to see whether we guessed right. To cut the story short, after he came back with my bill/check, he asked us: "Are you guys Malaysian?". We were in total shock! How could he have guessed? It's not that my name sounds anything Malaysian.. So then we asked him, "How did you guess?". Then he told us that he has a Malaysian friend and the words that we used such as 'hand set' instead of 'cell phone' etc. gave it away :) Also our English accent had a British tint to it. Aaaahhhh.... Interesting..All in all, dinner was enjoyable :)




Later we drove to the movie theatre a.k.a. cinema to go see 'The House Bunny' at 10.30 pm. I was so tired and after 5 minutes we decided to go home instead of watch the movie. Heheh..I figured that if I was to stay I would be paying to go 'tidur' (sleep) instead of watch the movie.




Happy to report that I had a good night's sleep and today I feel rejuvenated :) wohoo!!




oh btw, the dude is Filipino. Yay, we guessed right ;)

No comments: