Friday, August 29, 2008

Desert or dessert?

I just got an email from my trusted editor-in-chief for my blog (my mama!) about my spelling blunder :P This was what the email said, among other things: "By the way I hope you did not have padang pasir (desert) at the end of your meal at Sir Crazy but instead had pemanis? (dessert)". Opppsss... My bad.. I can still taste the sand in my mouth from my 'desert'! hhehhhheeh...

I am my mama's number one fan (Itos get in line..you'd have to fight me for the position! ehhehehehh). She is the most intelligent person I know and so knowledgeable. Itos and I used to tell her to join the 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' show when they were taping the Malaysian version of it. But she never did. If she did, we'd be millionaires by now *sigh* hehehh...

I remember back in my uni days when mama would edit all my assignments. She would do it even late at night (since her beloved daughter likes to finish her assignments last minute!). And I know for a fact that she was the main reason for me getting mostly A's in my assignments! She's the best editor ever!! I love you ma.. As I write this, I miss you so so much.. I love you ma..Thank you for all that you have done for me.. I could not ask for a more perfect mother...

5 comments:

Soraya said...

Hahahaha... mum is always the best... especially since they're an endangered species. LOL..

Am back in Malaysia. Working as a PTD now. :P

Banafsheh Bakavoli said...

hey soraya..true..true..

Ic..ic..bila balik? Tak sempat you mai sini or I pi sana. Congrats on your new job. Are you with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs? In KL?

Anonymous said...

hi banaf, thanks for sharing your blog. didn't know u are on a trip in US! well, looking forward to reading your tales.

Selamat Hari Merdeka [in malaysia]!

take care, i wish u well and joy! cheers :)

Mrs. Green said...

hey banaf! wandered here through your facebook. heheh i have problems with double lettered spelling too! i remember desert vs dessert by the double s = zzz in dessert! :o)

btw...happy fasting to you and annahita...hopefully i'll see you SOON (like next weekend, maybe? :o) )...got stuck on the road with some car trouble and since it's labour day weekend...nobody's open!! argghh!!

Banafsheh Bakavoli said...

hey annette.. thanks for stopping by and hopefully you'll visit often :) yeah, lots of people didn't know that I came here. I'll be back in March 09. Hopefully we'll be able to catch up! Take care and all the best. Selamat Hari Merdeka to you too!

Ayu..thanks for wandering by :) hahahha...I like how you remember the difference between desert and dessert! ehehhe..very very cool and true! Yes, for sure we'll catch up and bukak posa sama2. Oh sorry to hear about the car. It's a pain eh when it's a public holiday and nothing is open.