Saturday, August 16, 2008

Texas de Brazil vs Brasil 68


Last weekend after having wanting to go to a Brazilian barbeque restaurant for ages, Rob, Okaka, and I joined a couple other au pairs and their friends for a big feast of non-stop meat eating! (For those who are not familiar with this concept, it is pretty much a buffet of meat on skewers. The waiters walk to your table with these skewers and carve the meat that you want. They'll keep coming back with different kinds till you tell them, I surrender!!) Yum..yum..



People who know me well know what a carnivore I am :) So I did any well respected Malaysian would do..Starved myself before hand so that I would be able to gorge and make my money's worth (hehhehehe)..I did eat a little here and there beforehand cause being me, I just needed to munch! The time moved so slowly as I was awaiting 6 pm. I was salivating just thinking about the glorious steaks that I was going to encounter and gobble up :)

The time finally came and we were waiting outside the restaurant because some of the girls were fashionably late (I only thought Malaysians were always late but I guess not :) We waited for about 45 mins or so and my stomach was crying for some juicy red meat. Alas they arrived and we were shown to our table and thus began the battle of BB vs Steaks. There was a spread of salads, soups, sushi, etc too that was part of the dinner. I could't be bothered as I was eager to start with the star of the show, the filet mignon :)

Then the unexpected happen..Man, I was so mad...My stomach was not cooperating...It was not acting its usual cheery-i-love-food self. Man, then I remembered...It must be the 'angin' accumulated in my tummy since I didn't really have a good lunch...*arrrrrrrggghhh** Oh, well...It wasn't too bad and I managed to chow down quite a bit of food.. And it was delicious and worth the wait...

Going there reminded me of Brasil 68 in Penang. Man...The food there was good too..I remember going there for the first time with Aten and Ajiji. We ate so so much we couldn't walk! ehehhe...Good times..good times.. We need to go there again guys (Is it still open though?)

2 comments:

ayukrukoo said...

*brazil 68 dah tutup! =I but we have chilli's & tgif tho. =P*

oh yea, its me: ayu.

Banafsheh Bakavoli said...

Hey ayu.. :)
dah tutup? uwaaaaa....sedihnya... Ok, I guess I'll have to settle for Fridays & Chilli's then :(